Greetings from Japan, the country with the highest per capita number of vending machines in the world! (I think it’s something like, 3.6 vending machines per person…)
The drama of the Olympics continues, with the Japanese teams taking the glory of victory and the agony defeat when they can. Korea defeated Japan at Baseball on Wednesday in a hotly contested battle. Actually, the relationship between Korea and Japan is one of the most complex in Asia, after hundreds of years of battle and competition — think England and Ireland, but with chopsticks. Like many countries, sports are a healthy way to get a rivalry out of your system, and Korea is always ready to play hard against Japan.
A few months ago, there was an episode of that TV show “Japanese! This is different!” (which allows foreigners from different countries to debate issues on life in Japan, in Japanese) devoted entirely to the relationship between the two countries, and it was quite interesting to watch. From the Japanese point of view, Koreans are overly angry about the many transgressions of World War II and before, and Japanese surveyed for the show wondered why Koreans couldn’t get over what had happened a long time ago. (Japanese seldom say this about Hiroshima, however.) Japanese young people knew practically nothing about the two Koreas (one cogal interviewed thought that the Nanking Massacre had happened in Korea), yet 59.2% Koreans surveyed for the show thought that the possibility of Japan invading Korea again in the future was likely. Japanese were rightly concerned about the numerous kidnappings of Japanese by North Koreas over the past two decades. In the current Japanese history textbook for elementary school students, 1 1/2 pages was devoted to the atrocities committed by Japan in Korea; the same subject in the same book in South Korea covered 10 pages.
- There are new photobooks, including the new Cho Mach!! (very erotic cogal book), the lovely seminude and swimsuit photos of Hoshino Aki and Saitoh Nozomi, and a very interesting item for piercing fetishists
- For our special-interest photobook fans, we have new stock of several very nice let & panty stocking books (Photobooks -> leg fetish) and the Anal-ko Club (Photobooks -> Bondage & Fetish)
- We sell more adult manga than just about anything else here at J-List, and we’ve got some more cool items for you — a half-dozen all-new items (Manga -> New releases)
- Yaoi fans, find two new wide manga yaoi works posted for you, too
- For our Japan AV video customers, a very special item — Morishita Kurumi’s “Fuckin’ On” release, from Soft on Demand. A dynamite video that put you in the picture through use of rich 3D sound, Soft on Demand recommends listen to this video with headphones — see this item on the SOD video pages
- Also for video fans, two excellent lesbian videos (Videos -> Lesbian)
- For DVD lovers, two very special items: Kawashima Azumi’s extremely “Sexia collection” DVD, and our first offering of the hopelessly cute Shibuya Marina (see them both on DVD -> Main)
- For Pocky lovers, we’ve got more excellent chocolate covered pretzel sticks — the lovely Tsubu Tsubu Strawberry Pocky (with real bits of strawberry) and Men’s Pocky (Pocky made especially for men)
- We’ve got several of our popular wacky headbands back in stock, on the headbands & stickers page
- Finally, more stock of the surprisingly popular “It is forbidden to urinate here” wooden sign that keep going out of stock, on the Wacky Things from Japan page. So cool!
Okay, see you on the site!