If you’ve visited the J-List site over the past week, you’ll know that things have changed: we’ve executed our long-awaited site refresh, with a totally new website for everyone. We’re still getting the new site finalized, so if you find anything that doesn’t work on the site, please let us know via the J-List support page!
J-List Website Refresh Status Report
The new website offers a lot of features that will help J-List bring J-List and our awesome customers of culture into the future. The new site is much faster, more robust on the back end, and we’ve developed some great features we’ll be rolling out in the coming weeks.
What’s the current state of the J-List site?
- All customer accounts are imported, with all passwords and other information functional on the new site. Shipping and billing addresses were not imported, though, so you’ll have to enter those the first time you order with the new site.
- Currently we’re still importing some information from the old database. Open or past customer orders and J-List points will be restored soon.
- UPDATE: U.S. orders from Japan work fine.
But orders from San Diego for J18 Publishing or JAST USA games are still being set up.And U.S. domestic orders for J18 Publishing or JAST USA games through USPS are working! (International or UPS, please wait a few more days.)
- One big change is that you now only need to pay $5 when you preorder a figure or game, paying the rest when the item is ready to ship. (Currently the site might charge you shipping on a preorder figure, but we’ll fix this bug quickly, and refund the shipping amount when it happens.)
- Old J-List product links from Peter’s tweets, etc. might generate 404 errors. We’ll eventually get most of them to redirect to where they should go.
- There was a bug that caused a video embedded in a recent blog post to play with sound when customers visited the J-List site. This has been fixed. (The video still auto-plays, but with no sound.)
- Visual novel downloads are still coming. Please be patient.
Any additional news will be updated above! Check back to see updated news in this post.
What’s Next for the J-List Site?
Once we get all the rough patches for the new J-List site up and running, we’ll be rolling out some fun new products we’ve spent a few months (years, actually…) getting ready for you. We can’t wait to see how they’re received by our customers!
Thanks for reading this status report on the new J-List site, and thanks for your patience while we get everything finalized. Doing a website refresh is always a messy business, as we know too well, but the result will definitely be awesome.
While we wait, why not follow J-List on these social media platforms?
- Twitter, where Peter posts anime booba for you
- Facebook, where we share memes and discuss anime
- Instagram, for fans who want to keep up with J-List products in your Insta timeline
- Discord, if you want to chat with other J-List customers of culture
- Finally, check out J-List’s new short video blogs on YouTube or TikTok!
J-List stocks limited edition anime DVDs and Blu-rays for fans who want to collect them. We’ve got the first boxed set of My Life as Inukai-san’s Dog, which gives you the first six episodes plus a box to put the other volume in when it comes out. Find it here!