During the pre-screening event of the anime adaptation of Saburouta’s Citrus manga, new visuals were teased for the upcoming series which is slated to air from January 6, 2018.
In addition, the girls have also been featured as a poster in the January 2018 issue of Megami Magazine. You can purchase this issue from our shop here and view the other posters included in this issue here.
In addition, the official website for the upcoming anime adaptation of Saburouta’s Citrus manga has revealed the series is scheduled to air from January 6. In addition, the first set of character designs and the main theme songs was revealed.
The opening theme song will be titled “Azalea” and performed by nano.RIPE, while the ending theme song will be “Dear Teardrop” by Mia REGINA.
The first set of character designs for the main cast was revealed and consist of:
- Ayana Taketatsu (Kirino Kousaka from Oreimo) will voice Yuzu Aihara
- Minami Tsuda (Yui Funami in YuruYuri) as Mei Aihara
- Yukiyo Fujii (Latifah Fleuranza in Amagi Brilliant Park) voicing the role of Harumi Taniguchi
- Yurika Kubo (Hanayo Koizumi from Love Live! School Idol Project) voices Himeko Momokino
- Shiori Izawa (Tanpopo Kuraishi in Witch Craft Works) voicing as Matsuri Mizusawa
- Ikumi Hayama (Sayaka Kirasaka in Strike the Blood) as Kayo Maruta
The support cast consists of:
- Hisako Kanemoto (Ika Musume from Shinryaku! Ika Musume) will voice Sara Tachibana
- Rei Matsuzaki (Ayame Reikadou from NouCome) will voice Nina Tachibana
- Tomoaki Maeno (Naotsugu from Log Horizon) will voice Shou Aihara
- Kana Ueda (Yumi Fukuzawa from Maria-sama ga Miteru) will voice Ume Aihara
The leading members of the anime’s production staff consists of:
- Director: Takeo Takahashi (Spice and Wolf)
- Series Composer: Naoki Hayashi (Flip Flappers)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Izuro Ijuuin (Barakamon)
- Animation Studio: Passione (Rail Wars!)
The pre-screening event will be held at United Cinemas Aqua City Odaiba from 6:30pm JST on December 3. The event will show the first two episodes of the anime and the main cast of the anime will be in attendance and will host the show. Tickets will be available for order from November 18th, and a lottery will also be held from November 14th.
Here’s the first promotional video for the series:
In addition, a new visual was also revealed:
Here’s a promotional video for volume 1 – 3 of the manga:
Citrus is a Japanese yuri manga series written and illustrated by Saburouta. The series began serialization in Ichijinsha’s Comic Yuri Hime from November 17, 2012 and is licensed in English by Seven Seas Entertainment. An anime adaptation has been announced.
Citrus synopsis from MAL:
Fashionable Yuzu imagined the first day at her new school she transferred to after her mother’s remarriage a bit differently; she didn’t know it’d be an ultra-strict and conservative girls’ school. So instead of a sweet high-school romance, she butts heads with the stern student council president Mei—who turns out to be her new step sister. And she has to learn that hate and attraction are often not that far apart.