Forget the nail-encrusted baseball bat, the fireman’s axe, and even the bloody chainsaw of decapitation. Bunny girls are what’ll save us from the Zombie Apocalypse. That’s the premise of Zombie Shooting Star. At least, I think that’s the premise. Or you might be an isekaied idol sent to a planet of rag-doll zombies to bring gun justice and destroy the Mutant Core. Although I’m unsure if the premise matters. In fact, if I had the power to, I’d have Metallica (or maybe Weird Al Yankovic) singing “Nothing Else Matters (but Bunny Butts and Bullets).”
I Was Told There Would Be Bunny Buns!
Zombie Shooting Star and the less edgy (censored) Zombie Shooting Star: Arcade) feature Rudy’s shining buttocks. It’s a backside you’ll get to know well. Then there’s shooting. Lots of shooting. And zombies. And running on narrow Sonic-style roads. And bicycles (to show off that bunny girl booty). And jumping. And power-lash grappling hooks to rocket you into the sky. And sprinting. And button mashing to get the jump-to-sprint-to-grappling-hook-to-air-jump-combo to work after friggin’ 70 tries because this isn’t Boltgun, and I finished Boltgun in 24 hours, so why is this so hard, and I’m not rage quitting, I’m just taking a break, so get off my case. And stop distracting me with shiny girly rump when I’m trying to shoot straight!
I Thought This Was a Zombie Shooting Star Review?
Takes a deep breath.
Zombie Shooting Star is fun in an I-don’t-care-it’s-not-triple-A-as-long-as-it’s-sexy-and-I-can-kill-stuff sort of way. You’re in the right place if you fondly remember the third-person ogling of early Tomb Raider games. Did I get frustrated and want to uninstall it? Yes, but only because I have fat fingers. Did I uninstall it? Heck no.
Here’s everything you should know before you buy either of the Zombie Shooting Star games:
- It’s made by Twin Halo.
- They used the Unreal Engine.
- It includes 32 levels, 30 arcade levels, and 1 extra level.
- Zombie Shooting Star: Arcade is available on PC from JAST USA, GOG, and Steam.
- Zombie Shooting Star is uncensored and also available from JAST USA and GOG.
And here, to continue the list-centric info drop, are the things I loved about the game:
- Great music that’s still good, even after dying often.
- Streaming Mode! I can put Rudy in boxes and not look like a degenerate when someone walks in.
- Level Select for times when you’d rather forget your inability to finish stage 4.
- “I do not kill with my gun” moments when shot placement makes all the difference, and I live to face the next wave. Notice me, Idris-senpai!
Okay, It’s Just about Bunny Tails
My recommendation: play the game if you’re looking for a relaxing shooter but are also okay with tricky jump combos. It’s a lot of fun, and the bunny bootie is all a bonus.
So, You Like Bunny Girls, Do You?
How about a bunny version of everyone’s favorite blue-haired airhead goddess, Aqua? She’s available for pre-order right now.