Greetings again from all of us at J-List!
The Japanese have invented a new product category to help combat traffic problems at toll gates: Electronic Toll Collection, which is basically a computer system you put in you car, which lets you speed through toll booths, paying the toll automatically as you drive through. It seems kind of silly, but if it helps reduce traffic in Tokyo, I am all for it — and already Japanese makers are competing to bring out the smallest or the thinnest ETC hardware for your car. i wish they’d chosen a different name for it though — when I look at the ETC lane, my gaijin eyes see “etc.” as in “et cetera,” as in, this lane is for these types of vehicles, and that lane is for all others. It’s confusing for me, and I know what ETC is — I imagine that somewhere in Japan, foreign visitors are driving through the lanes, thinking that they are special toll booths for non-Japanese to use.
We got some comments on Japanese adaptions of food from around the world, so we thought we’ve give some more details. One popular dish in Japan is “gratin” which is, to the Japanese at least, pasta that’s cooked in a white or cheese sauce, then baked. (In the anime Nadia of the Mysterious Sea, the “Grandis Tank” is nicknamed the Gratin, a joke that’s hard for Americans to get.) One of my favorites is “doria,” which is rice with white sauce (sometimes ketchup), put in a casserole dish with cheese on top — then everything is baked until the cheese is crispy and hot. One of my favorite foods of all time is “hamburg doria,” doria with a hamburger (salsbury) steak, baked into it. Another delicious food my wife is sure would be a hit in the U.S., are croquettes (from France), which to the Japanese, at least, are potato patties that are fried all crispy (they’re great with curry powder inside, too). Finally, Japanese love castella, a tasty sweet cake from The Netherlands.
Unfortunately we had a problem with Tomo’s computer — several days of outgoing mail had not been sent, but was sitting in the outgoing mail box. The end result was that some customers who had paid for their orders received “awaiting payment” notices. We apologize for any confusion — if you received a mail from us and don’t know what to make of it, email us and we’ll straighten it out.
For our new update, we’ve got a ton of very nice new items for you, including:
- First, we’ve got in several nice magazine items for you, including several new amateur and kogal magazines, and a new and rare item for busty Japanese girl fans
- For photobook lovers, we’ve got several excellent adult photobooks, including the interesting erotic photobook of a love doll named Candy Girl which have to be seen to be believed, as well as new Chinkame erotic works
- Also, check out fresh stock of Anna Ohura’s fantastic photobook “Mischief”
- We have some excellent hentai manga works for you, with newly published works by some of Japan’s most popular artists and manga houses — also, fresh stock of a dozen or so back in stock manga titles, with some very nice ones for you
- For DVD fans, we’ve got another large update, starting with another volley of the oh-so-popular SOD Memorial Series — four new value-priced DVD releases for SOD fans (region free)
- Then, ever since Nanami Nanase went off her all-semen diet, she went and got fat — so SOD president Ganari Takahashi has put her on an erotic training program designed to slim her down (region free)
- SOD’s Magic Mirror Bus (a bus with one-way glass inside, called a “magic mirror” in Japanese) helped make them famous, and now we’ve got the full boxed set available for order (stock is limited, but more are already on order) (region free)
- Adult Video Wrestling, which features real sexual “pro-wres” up on the stage, is a huge hit with J-List fans — so we’ve gotten a new DVD in stock for you! (region free)
- We were also happy to see the interest in Korean adult video, and we’ve got a new title posted — For Fairy, starring the lovely Charin Gahee (region free)
- Another beautiful soft porn offering from Bauhaus, enjoy the lovely beauty and youth of Kaori Kuraishi (region free)
- We’ve got another excellent “Super Angle of Manko” release in which 90% of the camera angles are from the point of view of the woman’s genitalia — this stars Ai Nagase and Mai Kuramoto (region 2)
- Also, we’ve restocked a large number of our popular DVD titles, including Kyoka Usami Best Selection, Touching Breasts for the First Time, Let’s Do Sex with Ai Nagase, How to Perfect and many more!
- Tomo has added to our new Japanese film DVD collection, with a very interesting psychological tale of fear and triumph (region 2, English subtitled)
- Anime fans should check out the very cool Ceramic Totoro light, which casts a beautiful orange glow when you turn it on
- Also: the very nice glossy artbook of Ken-ichi Sonoda, featuring all of his best works printed in a beautiful book
- We’ve got some great new “The Dog” plush toys in stock, including a whole new series (The Doggie Mascot 2nd), with Longhair Chihuahua, Shetland Sheepdog, Maltese, and more!
- Also, we’ve made full sets available of the “The Dog Small Size” plush toys, the super-small and cute plush doggies — so you can buy the whole set and save
- Look for some cool Hello Kitty items, including a new (less expensive) Kitty Wall Clock that is really cool, Hello Kitty fans in time for summer, delicious Hello Kitty snacks, and more!
- If you’ve got kids who are into Pokemon, we’ve got a deluxe Pokemon play house, which comes with cute little Pokemon figures, a great item for any little ‘un
- We have a big update of delicious new snacks from Japan, including peanuts and rice crackers, delicious red salmon furikake, Strawberry and Coconut Pocky, more chocolate filled banana candy, and a great new item: a gummi tree that has all the signs of the zodiac on it for you to eat
- Also: the super-spicy sugarless caffeine gum Xylish Hyper Cool is a hit, and we ran out, so we get more in stock for you to order!
- For those who want to be in sync with Japan’s lovely female culture, we’ve got limited stock of the new Girl Pop
- If you love Japan’s Race Queens and other sexy idols, check out the new offerings on the Idol DVD and More page
- Also very cool: Morning Musume Bottle Mascots, cute little Mo-Mus characters you can put on any standard bottle
- Finally, see a fun map puzzle of Japan, more Japanese chopsticks, and more!
J-List carries many interesting products, and one of our favorites are the “bishoujo games” (which means “pretty girl games”) from Japan. These are basically interactive love-simulation games for Windows (a few are for Macintosh), in which you play through an interesting story, interacting with pretty anime girls to reach one of several possible game endings. In one game- X-Change, you play a boy who is changed into a girl through a chemistry accident, and it leads to some rather interesting adventures. You can see all the bishoujo game products we carry under the Bishoujo/Hentai Game link on our site.