Hello again from J-List!
Well, Playstation 2 is on sale, after many months of anticipation, and it’s an incredible explosion of consumer joy. Millions of PS2’s are pouring out of the channel as shops everywhere. In Urawa, near Tokyo, however, there was disappointment. A boy who saved all his New Year’s gift money to buy a PS2 had it snatched from his hand by two men on a motorcycle as he walked home. The police were looking into the crime.
Japanese people are always very happy when one of their own becomes famous outside Japan. Having baseball players like Nomo or soccer players like Shoji Joe in Spain recognized as being “good enough” to make it internationally tickles them to no end — it was even great to find vain singer Matsuda Seiko’s 3-second appearance in Armageddon was a thrill. So they are very happy to see Kudoh Yuki appear in Snow Falling on Cedars, a major Hollywood movie and a big step for Asian actresses everywhere (or so they say). I’ve been a big fan of Yuki-chan’s ever since her days pitching ECC English Conversation schools on TV, and it’s great to see her go where so few Japanese have been able to go before. I saw an interview with her the other evening, in which she talked about her great rivalry with Tamilyn Tomita and the difficulties she faced trying to make it in Hollywood. (See the movie’s official homepage at http://www.universalpictures.com/snowfallingoncedars/cast.html).
Tonight’s update is another nice one. Newly added items include:
- New magazines, including the first-ever issue of Cho! Very Good! (featuring the bad girls of Shibuya)
- Several copies of the excellent and much-requested Lucky Crepu, which features some of Japan’s most lovely girls
- For fans of the rare, a number of trading cards of idols like Amuro Namie, Speed and Max before they were famous
- For our loyal and much-appreciated JPOP fans, a great update to our JPOP page, featuring a dozen or so new JPOP music singles (including Globe, Oguro Maki and Chinen Rina) — and remember, our buy-4-get-1-free JPOP sale is going until further notice
- A wonderful new DVD, featuring sexy race queen Kihara Rei (and it’s subtitled in English, Chinese and Korean!)
- From Kaori, a great update of in-stock adult videos, including Akimoto Yuna’s “Let’s Cosplay, Shirakawa Narumi Pretty Wife” and several fun train videos
- A unique and cool item, little “kisekae” (dressable) dolls of Oja-Majo Doremi, a popular girl witch show that my daughter loves
- For fans of J-List’s unique collection of Japanese snacks, we’ve got Baked Chocolate Pretz, a wonderful tasty pretzel with chocolate baked into it (see the snacks page)
Well, that’s all for now. We hope you have a good Monday!