Greetings and salutations from the J-List crew again!
Japan is ecstatic over the birth of a girl to Princess Masako, the wife of crown prince Naruhito. Although most wanted a boy to be born (so Japan’s Imperial line can have a male successor to the throne), all around Japan people are breaking open sake barrels and celebrating, gathering in crowds around the hospital where mother and child are resting. According to Japan’s constitution, only males can succeed to the throne, and the fact that there is no male child in line yet leaves a lot of questions open. Will Japan change its constitution to allow an Empress? It’s doubtful, as this is still a very male country — it took 30 years for the Pill to finally be approved here in Japan, but Viagra was okayed in just a few short months.
Like the famous “F” word in English, the Japanese get quite a lot of mileage out of the word “kuso,” which means “shit.” There aren’t very many “bad” words in Japanese — meaning that a child will get in trouble if he says them — and it’s quite common for “Kuso!!” to be uttered in all kids’ anime shows. It addition to the primary meaning, it also refers to the junk that builds up in different parts of your body. The stuff that comes out of your nose is hana-kuso (nose-shit), and ear wax is mimi-kuso (ear-shit). Sleep in your eyes that builds up while you sleep is me-kuso (MEH-kuso). Rather than have a list of shockingly bad words to use when the time comes, the Japanese get by with less anatomical words — “baka” (which means stupid) is a great catch-all insult and swear word. The English “F” word is also very famous and is used sometimes, too. (Once I saw, in a game center, a picture of Superman, with a speech balloon that read “Fack you!”)
For the weekend update, we’ve got a boatload of very nice items for you, including:
- First, we’ve got some nice magazines for fans of amateur girls and kogals, new issues of Lip Mate, Amateur Girl’s Data, Hakkutsu Idol and more
- If you like MPEG CD-ROMs (video CDs) in your magazines, we’ve got a new Video CD & DVD Soft Catalog, a killer sampler magazine with nearly 2 hours of sampler “quickie” footage
- We’ve got some very nice photobooks for you, including the lingerie hardcover photobook of Yui Minami
- Also for Maiko Kazano fans, fresh stock of her positively lovely hardcover photobook, which sold out in record time
- If you love hentai, we’ve got the very nice Viper GTB Official Art Book, with many pages of beautiful erotic artwork from the game series (this game is being ported to English)
- For fans of Kurumi Morishita, the undisputed Queen of Indies adult video in Japan, we bring you Fan Thanks Day vol. 2, in which Kurukuru performs sexual acts on a total of 80 of her fans — her way of saying thanks for your support
- If you love leggy Japanese ladies, be sure and check out the erotic Leg Fetish Paradise, featuring the lovely Kanako Fujimori and Yoko Yazawa
- For fans of older, more mature ladies, enjoy the very lovely Mariko Kawana in her very erotic performance from SOD
- Ai Nagase has really gained popularity ever since she emerged on the scene here. Now she fellates dozens of guys to get a “stomach full of zamen”
- We’ve restocked several of the Pure Beauties softporn DVDs that we have in stock in San Diego, and added a very nice new one by the erotic quiet beauty Shiori Inoue
- For hentai manga fans, we’ve got some extra-special new volumes posted for you, as well as fresh stock of many popular volumes (including Black Mass, Alice First and Second and Mama ni Dokkin)
- For fans of doujinshi anthologies, which are full-size manga volumes containing hentai game girl, Sailor Moon and Evangelion works compiled for you, we’ve got fresh stock of Electric Fighting Daughter
- If you love Yaoi, we’ve got another very nice erotic boy’s manga for you, by Keiko Konno
- For anime lovers, we’ve got some very special items, including a super *transforming* Macross VF-1A toy from Yamato Toys, which transforms into Battroid, Gerwalk and Fighter mode
- Also: a deluxe “finished model” of Kaneda’s motorcycle from the famous anime film Akira
- Japanese Race Queens are the beautiful girls who promote F1 racing in Japan, and we’ve got great stock of the new Gal’s Paradise idol cards
- We’ve got various fresh stock of our wacky signs and stickers from Japan
- For fans of tasty Japanese snacks and food, we’ve got a new flavor of Morinaga Hi-Chew soft candies (Strawberry), as well as delicious individual packets of miso soup mix (with clam and wakame) and Pocari Sweat
- If you want to try your hand at Japanese calligraphy, we’ve restocked our popular calligraphy sets for you
- Wacky things from Japan for this evening include a neat “free case” item for Hello Kitty fans, an all-new Japanese “noren” door curtain for giving your room a Japanese feel, a great way to stay warm this winter in Japanese style, new maps of parts of Japan, fresh stock of our popular sushi maker, and more!
The “Top 5” list has been updated by Yasu, so you can see which magazines, manga, DVDs and other items have been selling sell around here.
Are you getting too many emails from us? We update the J-List mailing list three times a week, and for some people, that’s too much. We’ve decided to make an “infrequent J-List updates mailing list” for people who feel swamped by our regular update emails. If you’d like us to keep in touch with you less frequently, please let us know to change you to the new list.