Happy Monday from a very hot J-List!
We’re still working without our main aircon, during one of the hottest summers in recent memory in Japan. It’s hot and humid — makes me remember growing up in Maryland/Virginia as a child — but made even worse by J-List’s windows. When we built the J-List office, I insisted that we install double-pane glass (called “pair glass” in Japanese), to keep the heat in the winter. Unfortunately, with the air conditioner broken, the glass is doing its job, and the effect is that the interior of J-List is at least 10 degrees Fahrenheit hotter than it is outside. The repairman is coming on Tuesday — our fingers are crossed that he can fix it quickly.
The Japanese are known for doing many things well, but I’m fast becoming aware of the “electric fan gap” between Japan and the West. Japan has some wonderfully complex electric fans, from tricked-out fans that have remote controls, timers so they turn off after a set number of hours, and selectable rotation settings to wall-mountable units and more. One thing they haven’t invented, however, is the slim, square fan that sits on a windowsill and blows air in directly from outside, which are quite common in the U.S. We’ve got several nice Japanese electric fans with many great features, which cost us anywhere from $30 to $60 each. The windowsill fan I got at Walmart and brought back with me was around $7.
Despite the lack of air conditioning, we’ve got a nice selection of excellent new products for you this evening, including:
- Great new magazines, including the new Panst Dream, Bloom, Natural Amateur Gal, and a super item for bathing suit fetishists — as always, new magazines can be found on magazine page 1
More of our popular back-issues of older magazines, including issues of Urecco from 1996, 1997 and 1998 (see the magazine backissues page)
- We’ve got several back-in-stock photobooks, including the excellent Cosplay Cuties, which sold out in record time (see the photobooks pages)
- Speaking of cosplay and cuties, we’ve got the absolutely fabulous new photobook by Matsuoka Yuki, of past Cream fame, a wonderful new work by photographer Aida Garo — see it on Photobooks page 1
- For our manga fans, there are several excellent new erotic manga offerings on the adult manga page, including “Onnanoko.” Seraphim’s answer to eros told from a female point of view
- If you like J-List’s selection of Japan AV videos, we have several new offerings, including a new “Violent Lips” video featuring Aoi Minori, the new “Neo Uniform Collection” with Sakurai Fuuka (both on the Japan AV Today page), a great classic “Fuck de Paradise” video from Yuki Maiko (the “Classics” page) and a new offering from SOD — “Tsukasa Loves Vibrator”
- For fans of Japanese “kawaii” stuff, we’ve got two new items: Hello Kitty chopsticks, and an extremely cute wooden door sign so you can let people know if you’re at home or “out of door”
- More stock of items on our popular Japanese snacks page, including Sake candy, Pocky and Japanese traditional “kuro-ame” (Black hard candy) that is just delicious
- Finally, by popular demand, more of our wacky reflective Japanese stickers, including “it is forbidden to urinate here” (both versions) — see Wacky Japanese Stuff->Wacky Japanese Headbands for these items.
Remember that J-List has a great selection of English-language adult anime RPGs, including JAST USA, Milky House, Hobibox Japan, Otaku Publishing, and more. If you’re interested in these great romance simulations, translated into English and with no mosaic censorship, please browse our Hentai Games category and see what you like.