Greetings from Japan, where velcro goes by the name of “magic tape.”
For some reason, there are several English phrases that have burned themselves into the consciousness of the Japanese. When Dr. Clarke left Sapporo, where he helped establish what would become Sapporo University, he said left the words “Boys, be ambitious, which has endured ever since (making him far more famous than he deserved to be). When idol singer Yamaguchi Momoe retired from singing, she sang a tear-filled song that contained the English words Thank you for your kindness, thank you for your tenderness.” All Japanese seem to know these little snippets.
Well, Japan’s child seat law kicked in April (one thing about Japan, everything starts in April). Long have foreigners living in Japan railed against Japan for not enacting such a law. It’s a good thing, to be sure, but they’ve gotten a little overzealous — rather than, say, California’s limit of “4 years, or 40 pounds, all children under the age of six are required to ride in carseats at all times. It’s a bit of an inconvenience for my son, who turned five and hasn’t used his carseat in a year. But it’s progress, anyway.
We’re a day later than usual with today’s update, so we’re adding some extra good items, including:
- Great new regular magazines, including the new Bejean, the Penthouse Japan Special that was waylaid by database elves during our last update, and a new item — Sperma Pherome Musume (love those titles) — see magazine page 1 for the new items
- On magazine page 2, a special treat — a slew of great one shot” older magazines, some featuring some very rare and hard-to-find AV actresses
- On our high-end S&M photobook page, we’ve added several wonderful new “gouka-bon” photobooks, including the new Slave Mania and two different all-color photobooks for fans of beautiful “over 30” ladies
- For our DVD fans, we’ve got four great new DVDs in the “Gallery” series posted, by Yoshino Sally, Shiraishi Kotoko, Komuro Yuri and the lovely Mita Yuho (which, we’ve all decided, is supposed to mean “I saw a UFO” in Japanese)
- The new DVD & Video CD Soft Catalog, with nearly 2 hours of footage on two MPEG discs
On the Video pages, the excellent Love Zamen 2 video from Deep’s is posted (if you don’t know what it is, don’t see special order video page 1)
- Finally, for fans of the CG idol Terai Yuki, some special puzzle items (and yes, they are covered by the “buy any 2 items, get 20% off” anime & puzzle sale we’re having now).
We’re glad to see the positive reaction to the excellent costumes we added to the site last weekend. Carrying Japanese sailor uniforms, race queen/campaign girl outfits and other items has been a long dream for all of us, and we’re glad we were able to find such cool products to make available. We know that many of the items aren’t cheap — we chose Costume World Japan because of a good range of costume sizes coupled with durability, and because they wanted to see their products sell to cosplay fans outside of Japan — but we’re sure the high quality will win you over.