The official website of The Young Pig-Rascal Isn’t Dreaming of a Bunny Girl Upperclassman (Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai), revealed that Hajime Kamoshida’s light novel Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai is getting a televised anime adaptation. The anime is scheduled to air from October 4.
It was also revealed that the all-female band The Peggies will perform the opening song “Kimi no Sei” (Your Fault), and the idol group Sweet Bullet will perform the insert song “BABY!” On October 3rd, the six main heroines will be performing the ending theme “Fukashigi no Karte” (Mysterious Chart), which will be shipped with the insert song in a single CD.
Episode one and two will be screening at 109 Cinemas Shonan in Fujisawa, Kanagawa and at United Cinema Aqua City Odaiba in Tokyo, on September 15. The anime’s main cast will be attending the event. The anime will premiere on ABC TV on October 3. It will then air on Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, BS11, and Nagoya Broadcasting Network on October 6.
The staff consists of:
- Director: Souichi Masui (Sakura Quest, Chaika the Coffin Princess)
- Series Composition: Masahiro Yokotani (Free!, Re:Zero)
- Character Design: Satomi Tamura (Animation Director for Kiznaiver, Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend)
- Assistant Director: Kazuya Iwata (Episode Director for Your Lie in April, Recently, my sister is unusual)
- Art Director: Yukihiro Shibutani (Case Closed, Natsume’s Book of Friends)
In addition, the cast was announced and is as follows:
- Kaito Ishikawa (Tenya Iida from My Hero Academia) as Sakuta Azusagawa
- Asami Seto (Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru) as Mai Sakurajima
- Yurika Kubo (Loki from Danmachi) as Kaede Azusagawa
- Nao Tōyama (Lacia from Beatless) as Tomoe Koga
- Atsumi Tanezaki (Chise Hatori from The Ancient Magus Bride) as Rio Futaba
- Maaya Uchida (Kaguya Yamai from Date A Live II) as Nodoka Toyohama
- Inori Minase (Hestia from Danmachi) as Shouko Makinohara
Novel illustrator Keeji Mizoguchi drew the previously revealed character visuals for the anime:
Anime key visuals:
Seishun Buta Yaro wa Bunny Girl-senpai no Yume wo Minai is a Japanese light novel series written by Hajime Kamoshida and illustrated by Keeji Mizoguchi. ASCII Media Works has published eight volumes since April 2014 under their Dengeki Bunko imprint. A manga adaptation with art by Tsugumi Nanamiya titled Seishun Buta Yaro wa Bunny Girl-senpai no Yume wo Minai has been serialized in ASCII Media Works’ seinen manga magazine Dengeki G’s Comic since January 2016. It has been collected in a single tankobon volume. An anime television series adaptation by CloverWorks is scheduled to air on October 4, 2018.
The Young Pig-Rascal Isn’t Dreaming of a Bunny Girl Upperclassman Synopsis:
There’s a rumor about a mysterious phenomenon call “puberty syndrome.” For example, Sakuta Azusagawa is a high school student who suddenly sees a bunny girl appear in front of him. The girl is Mai Sakurajima, Sakuta’s upperclassman and also a famous actress who has gone on hiatus from the entertainment industry. For some reason, the people around Mai cannot see her bunny-girl figure. Sakuta sets out to solve this mystery, and as he spends time with Mai, he learns her secret feelings. Other heroines who have “puberty syndrome” start to appear in front of Sakuta.