The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Yuichiro Higashide and Ototsugu Konoe’s Fate/Apocrypha light novel series has revealed that the upcoming series is slated to air from July 2nd. The broadcast date was revealed in the first “Ruler” themed commercial which was streamed on Sunday.
The second commercial, which will have a “Black Faction/Red Faction” theme, will premiere on June 17, followed by the “Opening of the Holy Grail War” commercial on June 24.
Here’s the second promotional video:
and the first:
The main cast of the anime consists of:
- Kouki Uchiyama (Seiya Kanie in Amagi Brilliant Park) as Shirou Kotomine
- Maaya Sakamoto (Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell) as Ruler
- Natsuki Hanae (Inaho Kaizuka in Aldnoah.Zero) ias Sieg
- Ai Nonaka (Kyouko Sakura in Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) as Berserker of Black
- Junichi Suwabe (Archer in Fate/stay night) as Saber of Black
- Kei Shindou (Shouto Todoroki from Boku no Hero Academia) as Assassin of Red
- Kouji Yusa (Kyousuke Hyoubu in Zettai Karen Children) as Lancer of Red
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in One Punch-Man) as Rider of Red
- Mitsuru Miyamoto (Maiza Avaro in Baccano!) is going to as Caster of Black
- Miyuki Sawashiro (Celty Sturluson in Durarara!!) as Saber of Red
- Rumi Ookubo (Tsumiki Miniwa in Acchi Kocchi) as Rider of Black
- Ryotaro Okiayu (Kunimitsu Tezuka in Prince of Tennis) as Lancer of Black
- Sakura Tange (Saber in Carnival Phantasm) as Assassin of Black
- Saori Hayami (Yukino Yukinoshita in Oregairu) as Archer of Red
- Satoshi Tsuruoka (Caster in Fate/Zero) as Berserker of Red
- Shunsuke Takeuchi (Producer in The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) as Archer of Red
- Tetsu Inada (Ira Gamagoori in Kill la Kill) as Caster of Red
The leading members of the Fate/Apocrypha production staff were revealed and consists of:
- Director: Yoshiyuki Asai (Charlotte)
- Series Composition: Yuichiro Higashide
- Anime Character Designer: Yuukei Yamada (The IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls)
- Music Composer: Masaru Yokoyama (Plastic Memories, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
- Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online, Boku dake ga Inai Machi)
The anime will have a special advance screening event for the first two episodes at Tokyo’s Shinjuku Wald 9 theater on June 30.
The anime will premiere on Tokyo MX, BS11, Gunma TV, and Tochigi TV on July 1 at 24:00 (effectively 12:00 a.m. on July 2). It will then debut on MBS on July 4 at 27:30 (effectively 3:30 a.m. on July 5). The series will begin exclusively streaming on Netflix on July 3. The opening theme song of the anime will be titled “Eiyuu Unmei no Uta” and performed by EGOIST, whilst the Ending theme will be performed by GARNiDELiA.
Fate/Apocrypha is a Japanese light novel series in Type-Moon’s Fate/stay night franchise, written by Yuichiro Higashide and illustrated by Ototsugu Konoe. Type-Moon published five volumes from December 2012 to December 2014. A manga adaptation illustrated by Akira Ishida is serialized in Kadokawa Shoten’s Comp Ace magazine. An anime television series adaptation by A-1 Pictures is scheduled to premiere in July 2017.
The setting is a parallel world to Fate/stay night where the Greater Grail mysteriously disappeared from Fuyuki after the Third Holy Grail War. After many years of silence, around the same time as the Fifth Holy Grail War would have happened, the Yggdmillennia, a family of magi, openly declares their secession from the Mage’s Association, and that they are in possession of the Grail. The Association dispatches fifty magi to retrieve it, and all but one are instantly slaughtered by a mysterious Servant. The one remaining manages to activate the reserve system of the Greater Grail, allowing for the summoning of fourteen Servants in total.
In the city of Trifas, two factions will fight for the control of the sacred relic, each of them possessing their own team of seven Servants : the Black Faction whose members are part of Yggdmillennia, protecting the Grail, and the Red Faction whose members were sent by the Mage’s Association, trying to take the Grail back. For an event of this scale, the Grail itself summons its own Servant, the holy Ruler, to oversee the conflict.
This marks the start of the Great Holy Grail War.