The official website for Nio Nakatani’s yuri manga Bloom Into You has revealed that it will be receiving a TV anime adaptation. The anime series is scheduled to air from October 5.
It was also revealed that the opening theme song “Kimi ni Furete” will be performed by Riko Azuna while the ending theme song “hectopascal” will be performed by the two members of the cast which include Yuu Koito (Yuuki Takada) and Touko Nanami (Minako Kotobuki).
The staff consists of:
- Director: Makoto Katou (Beautiful Bones -Sakurako’s Investigation-)
- Series Composition: Jukki Hanada (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Hibike! Euphonium, Nichijou)
- Character Designer: Hiroaki Gohda (Aa! Megami-sama!, Bubblegum Crisis ep 8)
- Music: Michiru Oshima (Fullmetal Alchemist, Little Witch Academia, Rokka no Yuusha)
- Studio: TROYCA (Aldnoah.Zero, IDOLiSH7, Re:Creators)
The character designs for the main cast have been revealed and consists of:
- Yuuki Takada (Aoba Suzukaze from New Game!) as Yuu Koito
- Minako Kotobuki (Tsumugi Kotobuki from K-On!) as Touko Nanami
- Ai Kayano (Mayaka Ibara from Hyouka) as Sayaka Saeki
- Taichi Ichikawa (Kurogo Kurusu from Kabuki-bu!) as Seiji Maki
Anime key visuals:
Bloom Into You (Yagate Kimi ni Naru) is a Japanese yuri manga series written and illustrated by Nio Nakatani. The manga began serialization in the Japanese monthly magazine Dengeki Daioh on April 27, 2015, and is published in Japan by ASCII Media Works under the Dengeki Comics NEXT label. As of January 2018, five tankōbon volumes have been released. The manga was licensed for English release in North America by Seven Seas Entertainment on February 14, 2016, and its first volume was released in January 2017. An anime television series adaptation by Troyca is set to premiere in October 5, 2018.
The story focuses on Yuu Koito, a first-year high school girl who is unable to experience feelings of love, and Touko Nanami, the second-year student council president who suddenly confesses to Yuu.
Bloom Into You synopsis:
Yuu has always loved shoujo manga and awaits the day she gets a love confession that sends her heart aflutter with bubbles and blushes, and yet when a junior high classmate confesses his feelings to her…she feels nothing. Disappointed and confused, Yuu enters high school still unsure how to respond. That’s when Yuu sees the beautiful student council president Nanami turn down a suitor with such maturity that she’s inspired to ask her for help. But when the next person to confess to Yuu is Nanami herself. Has her shoujo romance finally begun?