Hello and Happy Friday from your friends in Japan!
I think that everyone should pick a country and go live there for at least a year — no matter what else happens, you’ll really come to appreciate your own home country like never before. In the U.S., most homes have central heating, and you can warm your entire house from one control panel. That’s all but unheard of in Japan, where kerosene heaters the Japanese call “stoves” heat each room individually — the smell of kerosene burning brings instant memories of frosty winters in Japan to me. Japan’s doctors are very good, but when I buy medicine I prefer to buy what I’m used to in the States, Advil, Nyquil and so on — they work much better on my large gaijin body than what’s sold here. In America, it’s not uncommon to start up a friendly conversation with someone standing next to you in a store, but in Japan, where people have invisible barriers around them, that’s almost never done. Americans enjoy incredible choice when they shop, but they’re used to that so they don’t think much about it. When fruits or vegetables are out of season at the supermarket, they’re shipped in from other countries, but in Japanese supermarkets, when a something isn’t in season, it’s usually not to be found at any price, and people just go without. Yes, I love Japan, but my time here has come to make me appreciate how great my home country is, too.
When learning Japanese, it’s always fun to learn the “gitaigo,” a category of descriptive words similar to onomatopoeia in English, which describe the state of objects or actions. Because they consist of repetitions of words, they are very cute and fun to use. If you’re really hungry, the Japanese would say that you’re “peko peko,” a word which describes the way you feel when your stomach is very empty. Alternately, “kara kara” describes your throat when you’re very thirsty. If you get soaking wet in the rain, you’re “bisho bisho,” and if your skin is especially smooth and clean, someone might say it’s “sube sube” (SOO-bay, SOO-bay, a word which comes from suberu “to glide”). And if you’re a little on the plump side, you might be described as “puyo puyo,” a word which sounds cute to the Japanese. Some other fun repeating words are “zaa zaa” (the sound of rain falling loudly, to denote the concept of “pouring with rain”), “paku paku” (the sound of someone eating quickly — this is where Pac Man got his name from), and “shiiin” (the sound of no sound — i.e., of perfect silence). Also, “bishi bishi” (doing things quickly and efficiently, without delay), “dara dara” (doing things slowly, being lazy), “pika pika” (being sparking brand-new, e.g. the sound of gleaming with newness), “boro boro” (being old and dilapidated), “pera pera” (being fluent in a language) and “giri giri” (GEE-ree GEE-ree, with hard G’s, a word that means “barely” or “just in time,” as in, “we made onto the train in the nick of time,” or in the case of a very revealing swimsuit, one that almost shows the woman’s nude form). There is an endless supply of these highly descriptive words, and they’re quite fun to use.
Dating-sim game price reductions! We’re reducing the prices of three classic games from Peach Princess to just $24.95. Now you can enjoy X-Change, Snow Drop and Critical Point at these great new prices. All are great multi-scenario erotic adventures that are great for fans — enjoy the new discounted games!
For the new update, we’ve got some excellent products from Japan for you. They include:
- First, for all fans of wild and wacky toys from Japan, we’ve got Pulip dolls, a really cool full-sized doll similar to Blythe, but with fabulous modern gothic styling — scary and cool
- For Totoro fans, a rare treat — plush fingerpuppets of the great Totoro characters, a product by Sun Arrow
- For Shirow Masamune fans, we’ve restocked his best-selling Intron Depot 3 art book, filled with his most incredible artwork ever
- For fans of our Japanese snacks, we have classic Japanese caramel corn, tasty blueberry “dessert jelly”, and for those who want to sample the current health trend in Japan, goma (sesame seed) flavored hard candy…!
- Also, fresh stock of one of my own favorite items, Japanese kuro-ame (“black candy”) caramels from Morinaga
- Enjoy to really cool Japanese cars, the Nissan Fairlady Z and the Honda S2000, rendered in perfect die-cast detail by Tomica
- Licca-chan is a super cute line of dolls sold by the Takara toy company for three decades — now she’s been reborn into a “bishoujo Licca” series of cute anime-style figurines, check them out
- For bento box fans, we’ve got a very special item for you: a deluxe Hello Kitty bento box that features separate compartments, large size, and is microwavable for your convenience — comes with a cloth carrying bag, too
- Enjoy the Nyanko Restaurant series, which features super-cute kitty cats baked into famous Japanese dishes — comes with random Nyanko figures and chocolate cookies
- We’ve got more Japanese signs, this time a Japanese no smoking sign
- For those who want to enjoy some Japanese items in their homes, we have traditional Japanese “noren” curtains, which make a nice barrier between one room and another
- For fans of famous Japanese swimsuit idols, we’ve got the superb “mook” (magazine + photobook) of Yoko Matsugane
- Finally, enjoy wacky footwear from Japan, more variations of furikake and miso soup, more of the “Joyful Impression” soft cases that hold just about anything, more Hello Kitty business card holders, Japanese bamboo ear cleaners, and other great items. Check them all out!
For our adult customers, we’ve got many new 18+ products. They include:
- For fans of Japanese magazines, we have the sexy new Dela Beppin, the deluxe Beppin that features knock-down gorgeous AV idols and amateur Japanese gals for you
- Also, the new issues of Shuffle and Sasotte Ageru (“I’m gonna ask you out”), two great amateur magazines from Japan
- For photobook fans, enjoy the sexy “giri giri” (almost nude, see above) fetish of Haruka, along with the sexy CC Girls, and Ayano Yoshikawa’s lovely body
- We’ve got fresh stock of the very cool pocket-sized photobooks too, including fresh stock of the popular photobooks which feature pretty high school girls wearing the uniforms of famous schools in Japan
- For hentai manga customers, we’ve got another volley of great books, including Apple Comic’s Dangerous Play, a new issue of Love Junkies, and the superb Secret Service by Towai Raito
- Also, a dozen or more restocked items, including the dynamite Nami SOS series, Oshiri Excellent, Older Sister’s Secret, as well as a general restocking of Paradise Lost, the excellent hentai Evangelion doujinshi anthology series
- Also, a great new yaoi comic with erotic kemono themes, great for yaoi fans everywhere
- If you love doujinshi, we’ve got more brand new ones, with great books parodying Final Fantasy X-2, Mobile Suit Gundam, and more
- We’ve also some great CD-R releases of erotic artwork by Japanese doujin-soft (amateur made computer images) circles
- Also, an artbook with the collected visual works of talented hentai artist Keisuke Kawara
- For the pre-weekend update, we’ve got some great DVDs, starting with a new Masterpiece Concentration release featuring 120 minutes of Shinobu Kisugi — very erotic (region free)
- The lovely Aoi Sora (also written Aoi Sola) really shines in her new erotic release, The Secret of Younger Sister (region free)
- The super busty G-cup Ayami Sakurai is dynamite to see in the new SOD release, My Only Pet is Female Teacher (region free)
- For bukkake fans, enjoy the great Idol Semen Super Edition, which brings some of the best cup-showering scenes in SOD’s history on one disc for you (region free)
- From Moodyz, we’ve got value-price reissue of one of our favorites, Akira Watase’s poetically erotic “Do you wanna Fuck?” (region 2)
- Then, enjoy more Japanese women vs. big, black men from the U.S. in a new Moodyz release, “The Girl of a Beautiful Big White Bust, a Black Man, and Sex” (region 2)
- Finally, we’ve got fresh stock of some cool DVDs, including Lesbian 120 Minutes, the massively popular Gold Bird and Euro Angels (featuring the Romanian gold medalist Lavinia Milosovici doing nude gymnastics), and fresh stock of the sold-out Animation & Marchen hentai DVD collections.
Remember, J-List carries videos, magazines, photobooks and other items featuring the lovely Yulia Nova, the famous Russian nude model who has become a sensation in Japan and all over the world. J-List is the official international distributor for Yulia goods, and we’ve got an excellent lineup of her products for you. If you buy 3 or more of Yulia’s products (videos, photobooks etc) you get an automatic 10% discount when you checkout, too.
Bewildered at Bishoujo? Confused about Kogal? Head hurting over Hentai? If you’re confused at some of the terms used on the J-List site and this updates list (which can be quite out there, we admit), be sure to check out our online J-List Glossary of Terms — the link is on our site, right below the product category listing on the left side of your browser window. We explain all confusing terms from Anime to Tekoki and more. If there are any terms we haven’t covered adequately, please let us know.