Good evening from a shook-up Japan. The big news this evening is the earthquake in Tottori Prefecture, in western Japan, an area usually known for very little Earthquake activity. The quake was 7.3 in magnitude, and shook up the prefecture good, knocking products off shelves and collapsing many buildings. The streets filled water from burst pipes, and many roads were blocked by landslides and fallen rocks. The quake was supposedly felt in Tokyo, but none of us noticed it at all in Gunma, right in the center of the main land of Honshu (and about 100 km from Tokyo). Tottori is incidentally the least populated prefecture, the Wyoming of Japan more or less, and it’s home to Japan’s only desert
Kaori has plans to lost her virginity — her Yoshinoya virginity, that is. There’s a category of traditional fast food in Japan called “gyu-don, or beef bowl, basically a bowl of rice with steamed beef on top (it’s really good with raw egg, too). Yoshinoya is a popular chain of beef bowl restaurants — they even have stores in the U.S. If you go to Yoshinoya you’ll no doubt see lots of truck drivers and male freeters” (men who work part-time jobs) — but no women. There’s some unwritten social rule that says women can’t go into beef bowl restaurants in Japan, and as a result, Kaori never tasted this great food. She’s tired of the men at J-List talking about how good gyu-don is though, and is going to go eat it next week.
We’ve got some nice new items in time for the weekend, including:
- First, great new magazines, including the new issues of Dela Beppin and Bejeans — these are super issues of these magazines for you this month
- On the Magazines -> Backissues, we have more “one shot” mags, including some older issues of Dela Beppin, Beppin School and the original Beppin
- For photobook fans, we’ve got some very special items in stock for you, including all three of the dynamite Tennyo nude photobooks, and Kusanagi Jun’s extremely popular “Memorial Last Nude” (see the Photobooks pages)
- Also for photobook collectors, Nomoto Miho’s excellent “Taboo” hardcover photobook
- We have several new manga items for you, including a dynamite new erotic work “Caressing” by Peace Comics (Manga -> New releases) and new issues of Comic Jumbo (Magazines -> Hentai)
- For our video fans, a treat: not one, but two lovely videos featuring Kano Mizuho/Kusanagi Jun videos, Fairy Meeting and St. Lady Molester. See Videos -> Classics for the ones we have in stock, or Special order videos -> Bestsellers if we sell out.
- Also for AV video fans, some cool items in stock on the “Theme Videos” page that could only come from Japan
- For fans of Indies videos, we’ve got stock of MPEG Indies, a great 2-Video CD + color magazine item that gives a great amount of bang for the buck — see this on the CD ROMS & MPEG page
- For bondage fans, we’ve got the last copies of the “Best of Immoral Angel” series, a VCD compilation of bondage AV, on DVD -> Discount items
- If you like Japanese professional wrestling, we’ve got a treat for you — eight past issues from Gong, a popular wrestling magazine from circa 1980
- Customers are buying the konnyaku fruit we posted during the week, so we’ve added a new flavor: lychee, the delicious fruit from Thailand
- The Japanese have a great custom of writing messages on beautifully printed paper-covered cardboard, called “shikishi.” We now have lovely “Hello Kitty” shikishi, on the “Wacky Things from Japan page.
- Finally, also on the WTFJ page, more stock of some very popular items that had sold out before, including Japanese oil absorbing sheets, vocabulary study cards (use them to learn Japanese!) and the always popular Hello Kitty disposable chopsticks.
Remember that in addition to offering regular revolving subscriptions to a variety of Japan’s really cool anime, JPOP, manga and hentai magazines, we carry stock of many of these magazines. You can find stock of anime and JPOP magazines under the “JPOP & Idols” sub-category, and hentai magazines like E-Login and PC Angel on Magazines -> Hentai.