Hello again from Japan, where going to Kentucky always means eating chicken.
The psyche of Japanese men can be a complex subject indeed. It can be said of Japanese men that they have an “inferiority/superiority complex” when it comes to foreigners the West — sometimes they feel threatened or uncomfortable around, say, American men, and they express this in various ways. In Japan, foreigners have a reputation for being, ah, somewhat well endowed, whether it’s really true or not — it’s very similar to how white men in the U.S. can feel about black men. On a very few occasions, I’ve met Japanese men (usually drunk) while walking with my Japanese wife, who felt compelled to shout insults at the gaijin who was taking one of “their” women. We are sometimes asked why there aren’t many adult videos or DVD that feature Japanese women and gaijin males together. The reason is related to the subtle “uncomfortableness” many Japanese men feel about white guys. (We do have a DVD with these themes on the site, today.) It’s not just about imagined penis envy though — as a rule, most Japanese consider Japanese culture to be below that of America and Europe, and this sometimes affects how they interface with foreigners. Trying to hire a male employee for J-List, too, we learned something else: Japanese men whose English skills are so-so are very nervous about speaking English. Tomo and Yasu, who have had many years of experience with English, don’t have this problem.
The subject of gaijin men dating and wanting to marry Japanese girls is another huge one, and I could write a book on it and never understand it completely. I’ve had several friends who married their Japanese girlfriends, and had major troubles getting their wife’s families to accept them into the family. In the case of one friend, it was a matter of out-waiting his wife’s parents and the head-shaking relatives who were sure this “silly business” of wanting to marry an American would end in time. In the case of another friend, his wife’s parents didn’t accept him until they had children — it’s very hard to resist cute grandchildren. I was extremely fortunate in my efforts to marry my wife. My mother in law was very open minded, and accepted the idea right away — “You’re not marrying the country, you’re marrying the person,” she said. My father in law, a somewhat gruff man who has run the family liquor store for 20 years, and ran a rural Japanese bank before that, wouldn’t hear of it. Fortunately, we knew how to deal with him — just proceed with the plans for the wedding,
Our stock of many calendars is dwindling, as the popular JPOP, anime and other calendars sell out. We’ve got good stock of some of the lovely nude calendars published this year, such as the Japan Onsen [hot springs] Nudes, or the lovely Natsumi Kawahama erotic “Season of Woman.” Look for reduced prices on these great calendars as we try to move our stock out.
For the new update, we’ve got a bunch of new items for your enjoyment, including:
- First, excellent new adult magazines, including the new issues of Bejean and Dela Beppin, both brimming over with beautiful girls for you
- Candygirl!, a new “special cutie and sweetgirls photo book,” features eight of the most famous gals at J-List, including Ai Kurosawa, Izumi Morino and more
- For photobook fans, we’ve got several beautiful new photobooks featuring some extremely lovely girls for you, including the Makoto Shinohara (ooh!)
- For manga fans, we’ve got some great new books for you, including books by AV Comics, Mujin Comics and more, as well as fresh stock of a half-dozen or more popular books that we had run out of stock on
- For doujinshi lovers, we’ve got another dozen or so single-issue books for you, all very nice and recent (but they will go quickly, I am afraid)
- For DVD fans, we’ve got another powerhouse lineup, with many great items for you, including the Ami Okina Best Selection (the best works of the very erotic lady) and a super Fellatio Best Selection (the best oral sex and bukkake moments ever)
- Those wanting to learn more about sex will enjoy the DVD release of the Much-Treasured Sexual Technique Lecture Video, in which Kurumi Morishita and Yuri Komuro teach how to make a man come — it’s truly amazing, since it really is a course intended to teach women how to be better lovers
- We get many requests for DVDs featuring Japanese girl having sex with gaijin (foreigners), and now we’ve got something for you: the LA Lewd Women and Gaijin Special
- Something just in time for the holidays is “Oneesan is Santa Claus,” a super-erotic 2-DVD set featuring 250 minutes of amateur sex material, including some very nice Santa-girl erotica that will warm you on a cold winter night
- Also for our DVD customers, Tomo has posted some nice titles at reduced prices, and you get free shipping to boot!
- For anime lovers, we’ve got a very special item: the Japanese release of Princess Mononoke. This excellent item contains *3* DVDs, with the film in 8 languages (English, French, Cantonese, Italian, Spanish, German, and Portuguese), and all kinds of rare extras. We highly recommend this cool item for fans of Miyazaki’s films
- Also for fans of anime, we’ve got fresh stock of the very popular Kubrick Evangelion toys, featuring the excellent and bizarre designs, as well as fresh stock of some of the Super Deformed Star Wars toys that talk
- If you like Hello Kitty, we’ve got some wacky things from Japan for you — Hello Kitty toilet paper (fresh stock), printed chopsticks (they look real cool), straws, printed paper lunch bags, cup cake holders, and more
- Other cute items include fresh stock of Picky’s Bear authentic Japanese bento box (lunch box), fresh stock of Hamster Club plastic forks, and more
- For fans of unique Japanese snacks, we’ve restocked our popular Japanese sour ume-boshi (pickled plums), as well as added more delicious Japanse “tamago” furikake
- For fans of our wacky Japanese signs, we’ve got fresh stock for you, of the classic Japanese emergency exit sign, and something for those who like the Japanese custom of taking your shoes off
- Finally, our “wacky things from Japan” pages include fresh stock of the All Japan train map, more beautiful Japanese “congratulations” envelopes that are used for giving money gifts at weddings (but you can use them in other ways),
J-List carries many excellent English-translated bishoujo (pretty girl) games. One of the most popular series are the Viper games from Hobibox Europe. The Viper games stand out from most other bishoujo games because of their excellent full-frame animation. Check out these nice titles, which you can play in English and Italian (in the case of VM1) and English, Italian, Spanish and German (in the case of Viper V16). It’s a great series that we recommend to fans.