Hello again from Japan, where you know you’ve been here too long if you can squeeze all the juice from a slice of lemon using chopsticks, and not get any on your fingers.
Japan does love vending machines. Like most gaijin (foreigners), I had a fixation with Japanese vending machines when I came to live here, and took many silly pictures of them. Vending machines are quite advanced here, and usually accept 10,000 yen notes (the equivalent of a $100 bill) and give change, verbally thanking you for your purchase. In Tokyo, where land is scarce, there are vending machines that are incredibly slim, so you can fit them in small spaces. You can buy just about anything from vending machines here, including canned coffee (hot in the winter, cold in the summer), Pocky, gum, and cigarettes. Eggs and rice are sold in areas where there are no shops around, and I’ve seen machines that sell frozen meals and microwave it for you. Beer has been sold in vending machines for decades, and I have many fond memories of sitting in front of the local vending machine with friends, throwing a few back and talking with people who came by on their way to the station. Beer vending machines are being phased out, though, due to concerns about minors buying alcohol — although the machine we have at our liquor store features a slot which reads your drivers’ license for verification. Adult products are sometimes sold in vending machines, too, since Japanese customers like the privacy a machine affords.
Besides taking pictures of vending machines, many foreigners will take on that most famous symbol of Japan, Mt. Fuji. Mt. Fuji is the tallest mountain in Japan, a volcano that stands 3776 meters above sea level. During the official climbing season, July 1 to August 31, tens of thousands will tackle the mountain, walking up the slope to experience the sunrise at the top. You start from the 5th level, the highest point that vehicles are allowed on the mountain, and take one of three paths up to the 10th level, the very top. When I made my climb in 1993, I accidentally took the longest and most difficult route, the Gotemba trail, and had a hard time of it. As you ascend, you go rapidly from the middle of summer to the middle of winter, so you have to have lots of extra clothes with you to put on when the temperature drops. You continue to climb, passing the various stations along the way and rasping as the air gets thinner and thinner. I slept for a few hours at one of the little inns that are at each station, and woke up at 4 am, to finish the rest of the climb and arrive at the top at dawn. Silly fool that I am, I sang the Yamato (Star Blazers) theme song in Japanese at the top of my lungs, and got some applause.
In case you were wondering what the Japanese use to estimate the size of a person’s privates, well, we’ll tell you, and then you’ll know. Unlike in the U.S., where the size of the hand often indicates male member size, here the size of a man’s nose in relation to his face supposedly indicates whether or not he is well endowed. So if you’ve got a large nose and come to Japan, you may find yourself popular with girls (although your mileage may vary). In similar silly Japanese fashion, the area inside a woman’s ear (the little cavity formed by the bottom of the “S” shape) supposedly indicates the general closeness of her womanhood.
For the new update, we’ve got some excellent products from Japan for you. They include:
- First, for fans of the Terminator movies, we’ve got another really cool miniature toy and ramune candy series for you, a set of eight different — full sets are in stock for you to buy
- Also: a fabulous set of character keychains from Final Fantasy X-2, and we’ve got full sets in stock (no need to buy duplicates)
- For Totoro and Hayao Miyazaki fans, enjoy the cute plush doll collection from Sekiguchi — we have a new Mei plush from Totoro, and black cat Jiji from Kiki’s Delivery Service
- For Hello Kitty fans, cute character bandages, and a super cute die-cast replica of Toyota’s best-selling car Vitz, covered with Kitty for you to display
- Also for Sanrio fans, a J-List first: we have Sanrio condoms in stock, for fans of the cute monkey Monchichi
- For Japanese snack lovers, enjoy many new items, like March of the Koalas (the favorite food of Crayon Shinchan), delicious chocolate cookies, seaweed to put on your rice, and boil-in-bag Bon Curry in a great retro package
- For fans of cute Japanese bikini babes, enjoy a new hardcover photobook by Yoko Matsugane, filled with beautifully printed photos of this incredible angel
- For fans of Lotte’s bizarre Black Black gum, loaded with caffeine to keep you awake while studying or driving, we’ve gotten more stock posted to the site
- We love Japanese things with funny English on them, so we’ve restocked our low-priced wacky Japanese notebooks
- If you love bento, we’ve got a great item for you: a new deluxe-size bento box that’s great for really hungry eaters — features two compartments, built-in chopsticks, and its own secure carrying case
- For your bath, enjoy the scent of real jasmine in a new box of bath powder from Japan
- If you have a computer, we’ve got a great cover for your monitor, which will protect it from dust
- For Hot Wheels fans, we’ve got fresh stock of the original Back to the Future Delorean car, the Knight Rider Kitt 2000, and the very cool Magna Beatle from Urashiman, all sold only in Japan
- Also, a rare treat: six full sets of the dynamite Nostalgic SF Vehicle series, including toys from Space: 1999, Stingray and other famous SF shows of the 1970’s, but this is the last stock we’ll have available ever
- Finally, enjoy authentic Japanese chopsticks, more ways to remove oil from your face, delicious sukiyaki flavored furikake and traditional Japanese candy, more stock of miso soup from Japan, and other cool items!
For our adult customers, we’ve got many new 18+ products. They include:
- First, enjoy the new issue of Gokuh, just brimming over with beautiful girls for you, including a giant
- Also, we’ve got a new “Photo Magazine Mook” dedicated to the delicious Megumi Asou, filled with her superb sexy pictures
- The new issue of Bachelor is in, and it’s a beauty, filled with pages and pages of red hot girls from the Czech Republic, Russia, Hungary and more — also includes the dynamite Yulia Nova and Marina Matsushima
- Also — fresh stock of several discount-priced magazine items on magazine page 3, starting at just $5!
- If you love Japan’s hardcover glossy photobooks, enjoy the “white room” of Akane Sakura, an E cup idol in a sweet sailor uniform
- Also, a beautiful new photobook capturing Noriko Aota’s incredible body, shot in the American southwest
- For fans of best-selling J-List stars like Maiko Kazano, Mai Hagiwara, and Anna Ohura, see several restocked photobooks for you
- For fans of sexy Japanese Race Queens, we’ve got fresh stock of DVD Race Queen, featuring supremely sexy gals on a 2 hour DVD for you to enjoy — comes with a full color magazine too! (the DVD is region free)
- For manga fans, we’ve got lots of great items for you, including the super sexy Caution! Mufufu Area by Shimizu Kiyoshi, super sexy maid play by Aura Seiji and a new anthology of super hentai artwork by Toh Moriyama (aka the famous Naoki Yamamoto, creator of Dance Till Tomorrow)
- Also, enjoy a general restocking of popular titles including Insult!, Active Heart, Neo Gentle Splady Casty (love that name), the erotic Grown Up Girls and more
- Then for hentai fans, a fantastic art book and “visual album” from Angelium – Tokimeki Love God
- For our DVD customers, enjoy a superb collection of 20 of the most gorgeous AV stars in Japan today, performing their erotic sex over 3 hours for you — and at a great price! (region free)
- Then see a great competition of sluts, as only SOD and Deep’s can bring you — which girl will win the “petting and fellatio” contest, bringing the most men off in a fierce battle royale of bukkake (region free)
- Then see the superb G cup breasts of Ayami Sakurai in her beautiful Ultra-Mix, 220 minutes of her superb busty sex (region 2)
- See the debut of Ran Monbu, e.g. Monbu Ran, e.g Mont Blanc, the famous French pastry — she was the girl who was scouted into the Japanese adult video world while working at a cake shop, directed by Kazuhiko Matsumoto, creator of the worldwide bukkake boom
- We’ve reduced the prices on many of our DVDs, including the Adult Video Wrestling (super sexual pro wrestling at its best), SOD’s great bukkake work “The Seven Semen Samurai,” more obscene kisses of Japanese girls, and other titles
- Finally, look for fresh stock of the popular Fetish and Erotic series, Yuko Ogura’s delightful Endless Summer, the erotic sex of Sola Aoi (aka Aoi Sora, aka Aoi Sola — her name means “blue sky” in any event), and more!
Remember that J-List carries some interesting U.S.-published adult comics from White Lightning, including the first five volumes of the English version of Tohru Nishimaki’s Blue Eyes. These are all stocked in our San Diego office for your ordering convenience. We also humbly recommend AG, the excellent English language magazine of hentai sex and CG culture.
Also, J-List has many unique and bizarre items that would make great gifts for anyone. If your friends like Japanese street fashion, why not buy them a pair of authentic loose socks from Japan, worn by all the high school girls? Do they like (or hate) Hello Kitty? Then some Hello Kitty toilet paper would be perfect! Browse through our selection of items, or ask us for recommendations!