Greetings again from Japan, land of raw fish and onion wine.
Japanese TV can be quite interesting. On one variety show, contestants compete with business plans, and the show awards the winners money to try their businesses out, all while filming their progress each week. One girl decided to start a tako-yaki (fried batter balls with octopus inside) stand in Barcelona, Spain. Each week, the show reports on what troubles or success she’s had getting the Spanish to eat tako-yaki.
There’s a fun game Japanese kids play, called Shiritori (“Take the End”) Game. To play, someone things of a word — say, chopsticks, which is “hashi” in Japanese. Then the next person takes the last syllable — “shi” — and thinks of a word that starts with this syllable, say, shiatsu (although a child wouldn’t think of a word like that). The next person continues, with a word that start with “tsu” and so on. In Japanese phonetics, the only consonant that can appear by itself without a noun after it is the letter N, so in Shiritori Game
For tonight’s update, we’ve got some very nice items, which everyone here has worked hard to bring you, including:
- First, many excellent new magazines, including the new Urecco (lovely as usual), the new issue of the popular Gal’s Shower (kind of the anti-Urecco, if ever there was one)
- For fans of back-issues of popular Japanese magazines, we’ve got several premium older issues of Urecco and Dela Beppin, featuring such impossible-to-find gals as Fubuki Akira, Ariga Miho, Aonuma Chiasa and Tohno Natsuko — see the Back Issues magazine page, before these items sell out
- A slew of wonderful hardcover photobooks, including Morishita Junna’s lovely “Junnai” photobook, Sasaki You’s sold-out “F Cup College Student” feature, and the excellent Nude Grand Prix 21 by Garo Aida, all on the photobooks pages
- For our high-quality S&M/fetish photobook fans, we’ve got the new “Bishojo Anal Senka” on the “gouka-bon” (gorgeous book) photobook page
- We have tons of great new stock of some of the most popular Soft on Demand videos, including the best-selling Morishita Kurumi Fan Thanks Day (a favorite of Tomo’s and mine), the First Les series, and the very popular “tekoki” videos (hand job videos) — see the SOD in-stock pages
- Also in stock, some fresh videos from the “golden age” of Japanese AV, including the “best of” performance video of the lovely Aonuma Chiasa
- Fresh stock of a dozen or so adult manga, including the popular Blue Eyes series
- Also, fresh stock of the really cool G-Taste hentai art books by the popular Yagami Hiroki
- A Gamilas (Gamilon) cruiser has been sighted on the Anime Toys page
- On the Anime Cards & Puzzles page, a really cool item for long-time anime fans: the Animage 20th Anniversary card series, featuring all the covers from the long-running anime magazine over the years. Very cool indeed…
- Finally, a bunch of cool new Wacky Japanese T-shirts for you, including several great new designs guaranteed to cause confusion and head-scratching among Japanese people who should see your shirt.
If you like J-List, why not tell a friend about us? J-List customers report that word of mouth is the #1 way they find out about us. If you know anyone who might be interested in J-List’s unique approach to Japanese popular culture, please let them know about us. Thanks!