Hi to all, from your friends at J-List
It’s late on Thursday night, here at J-List, and Tomo, myself and our newest employee, Yasuhiro, have caught the cleaning bug — we’ve spent an hour scrubbing and cleaning every corner of J-List’s main office, and it’s spic and span now. Tomo and I are taking Yasu out for what’s become a J-List tradition — going to Yukara, that odd but delicious restaurant that’s open from 11:30 pm to 4:00 am. Yukara is so popular, waits of up to an hour aren’t rare at all, even in the cold of winter. We’d better take plenty of those handy Japanese heating pads J-List has in stock.
One of the most respected company-builders in Japan is Matsushita Konosuke, who created the Matsushita Corporation, aka Panasonic. He was a talented leader and manager, and went on to build the largest Japanese company, despite having no formal education at all. With the Japanese economy continuing to limp along, there’s a “boom” of books about Mr. Matsushita’s life and business philosophy on how to prosper in bad times. I’d love to see some of these books in English — or books detailing the lives of the various founders of Japan’s great companies — but there are almost no books about the builders of Japan’s modern companies available in English, written by Japanese or gaijin. So I’m working through a book written by Matsushita-san, in Japanese…
For this evening’s update, we’ve got another volley of interesting things from Japan, including:
- First, we’ve got several new magazines, including new issues of Milkiss, Suppin Evolution, the popular EX CD-ROM, and a new ass-fetish magazine, Hip de H!
- For photobook fans, we’ve got a host of excellent new and back-in-stock photobook items, including ten+ items that are back in stock
- We’ve got a great item for leg/panty fetish fans, a deluxe photobook called Mini-Suka Oneechan, along with fresh stock of several leg books
- We love Japan’s fantastic adult manga, and we’ve got another great update for you — a half-dozen new volumes posted, along with fresh stock of many of our most popular items (on both the New releases and Best-sellers manga pages)
- For fans of the excellent parody hentai manga from Fusion Product, we’ve got fresh stock of nearly all their popular books, including Paradise Lost and Angelic Impact (hentai Evangelion) as well as several volumes of the out-of-print Lunatic Party, too!
- We’ve got more yaoi manga for yaoi fans, too, as well as in-stock issues of several popular manga magazines (Kairakuten, the “girls’ erotic comic” Shojo Kakumei), too!
- If you love dojinshi, see the new items posted — all are new releases from the past Comic Market
- We have some really cool new videos for you this evening — the much-requested AV debut video of the lovely Amamiya Kei (Videos -> New releases) as well as the wonderful entry of the erotic former Race Queen Suzuki Manami into SOD’s line of fresh, exciting AV videos
- Also for SOD video and DVD fans, a fresh infusion of some of their best offerings — see them on all the SOD pages
- J-List has offered a variety of excellent anime, manga and other magazines each month, via our “reserve subscription” pages. We’ve added two excellent magazines you can get every month: Bomb, a wonderful photo magazine for fans of Japan’s lovely idols (swimsuit, kawaii, etc.), and Kodansha’s highly acclaimed Afternoon, a huge monthly manga with *800* pages of great manga stories (including Ah, My Goddess)
- We’ve got several cool items on the Anime toys page, including more of the popular Mini-Suka Police phone straps
- On our Japanese snacks page, we’ve got two great new items that we love, and want to share with you — Meiji’s “Chocolate Mountain Mushrooms” (little chocolate mushrooms on cookie stalks), and Lotte’s delicious Choco Pie, two halves of cake sandwiching cream, with chocolate on the outside
- We’ve got a big update of items to our Wacky Things from Japan pages, including fresh stock of some of our most popular items — from the polite “gauze masks” to our bamboo wind chime and many useful and wacky things for your home
o As always, we’ve got several new Wacky Things from Japan, including funny (but very high-quality) Japanese notebooks with funny English on them, and more!
I’ve spent several weeks working on the latest of my personal homepage, which is a repository for several interesting articles on Japan, including an article on teaching English in Japan, a “study starter” for learning Japanese, and the famous “You’ve been in Japan too long when…” list.. The new version includes many features, and is searchable. Check it out at http://www.peterpayne.net/
J-List has run ads recently in several new magazines, including Giant Robot (a magazine of Asian culture) and Mixx’s Tokyo Pop. If you found out about J-List through either of these magazines, would you mind shooting us an email? We’re trying to gauge how good a response the ads were for us. Thanks!