The official website for the anime adaptation of ONE and Yuusuke Murata’s One Punch-Man manga has revealed a new key visual for the second season will premiere from April 2, 2019.
In addition, a new visual was featured on a single page spread.
The series will be animated by J.C. Staff instead of Madhouse, which animated the first season of the anime. The director and sound director have also changed for the second season.
The staff for the second season will consist of:
- Director: Chikara Sakurai (Majimoji Rurumo)
- Character Designer: Chikashi Kubota (Robotics;Notes, Shinsekai yori)
- Series Composition: Tomohiro Suzuki (ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka, One Punch Man)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Ajin, Dive!!, Psycho-Pass)
- Studio: J.C. Staff (DanMachi, ToraDora!, Shokugeki no Souma)
The main cast are reprising their roles in the second season.
Here is a synopsis of the series:
In this new action-comedy, everything about a young man named Saitama screams “AVERAGE,” from his lifeless expression, to his bald head, to his unimpressive physique. However, this average-looking fellow doesn’t have your average problem… He’s actually a superhero that’s looking for tough opponents! The problem is, every time he finds a promising candidate he beats the snot out of them in one punch. Can Saitama finally find an evil villain strong enough to challenge him? Follow Saitama through his hilarious romps as he searches for new bad guys to challenge!