Greetings again from Japan, the original home of the Bongo Friendy, a fairly cool camp-car from Mazda.
Translating a word from one writing system to another is known as transliterating. Most of the the time it’s an easy thing to transliterate Japanese into English, as Japanese is made up of easy syllables that consist of either a vowel (a i u e o) or a consonant and a vowel (ka ki ku ke ko, ra ri ru re ro, etc.). There are three syllables that don’t fit neatly into this system though — shi, chi, and tsu — which, because of the way they’re pronounced, can’t be written with the convenient consonant+vowel system (i.e., si, ti and tu). As always
For this weekend’s update, we have an especially large selection of cool stuff for you, including:
- First, we have super new magazines, including a wonderful new Gal’s Dee (gotta love Kajiwara Mayu as the busty young wife) and Do-Up!, a super new all-amateur magazine
- The new issue of Wonderful is in, and it’s a hot one, featuring sixteen different lovely AV stars, including Kusanagi Jun and Hoshino Marin
- We have some killer one-shot magazines from 1995, on the magazine “backissues” page — including some extremely cool premium issues which have to be seen to be believed
- We have a great volley of new photobooks, including two of the *extremely* beautiful Tennyo series by master photographer Miyazawa Masaaki — featuring lovely angels Morishita Kurumi and Hagiwara Mai
- As usual, we’ve got additional copies of very special photobooks that have sold out in the past — including the lovely Genji Shana’s “Mezame” photobook
- We have some groovy new videos posted on the SOD page ((36 Naked Girls in Private Interview”) and on the Japan AV Today page (several great new in-stock titles)
- A real value item is the DVD & Video CD Soft Catalog, which provide 2 full VCDs of great sampler footage, nearly 2 hours, along with a full color magazine. See the new item on the MPEG CD ROMs page (in the VCD and DVD master category)
- For fans of Takara’s “anti-Barbie, the demure and cute fashion doll Licca-chan, we have a selection of circa-1970 Licca-chan stationary items that are very cool, on the Anime (fashion dolls) page
- In an entire new product category for J-List, we now sell everything you need to take up classic Japanese calligraphy (Shodo) — brushes, ink, stone ink dish, paper, and more. Find these cool items on the Fun Stuff” page
- We have more stock of some of our most popular items, including some great wacky headbands, new stock of the “Plus Cord” Magic Extender, fresh stock of the surprisingly popular Buddhist beads, and new Japanese congratulations envelopes
- For the ladies, something only Japan could invent — Japanese facial oil wipes, which soak excess oil from your face and leave you feeling clean and refreshed
- If you’re part of the Yamato generation, we have more stock of the die-cast Yamato completed models on the Anime Toys page
- Finally, something for the hobby fan in everyone — Uchusen, the quarterly magazine of hobby, Godzilla and Ultraman, and the Garage Kit Catalog 2000, a super color book filled with pictures of the current leading edge in these cool PVC models.
Can you translate from Japanese to English? We’re looking for J-E translators who can help us bring out the next generation of excellent bishojo games. If you’re interested, please drop us a line — thanks!