Happy Monday, everyone, from your friends at J-List.
For a country that loves English enough to come up with adjectives like “towny, cars with names like Bongo Friendy” and “Super Saloon, and song titles like Body feels EXIT, you’d think there’d be a lot of English in use here. Well, there isn’t any more English in daily use in Japan than there is French in the U.S., despite general agreement that French is tres cool.” Although every beer and coffee can has an English description of the quality of the item — “Sapporo beer is made from the finest hops for a delicious taste and refinement” — you’d be surprised how easy it is to find yourself standing on a train platform with not even a sign in English telling you where the train is headed. Since I read Japanese, I tend not to notice it that much, but whenever I’ve got friends from the U.S. here, it hits me — while the Japanese try their best to make foreigners feel welcome here, they don’t do that good a job when it comes to marking things in English. It’s also quite rare to find someone who can help you in English in a shop, if you need it: despite a massive six years of study in Junior High and High School, and four more if the person went to college
Just a last call for calendar pre-orders — we’ll have to stop taking orders for calendars as of the end of October 31st, much as we regret it. J-List has over 150 great 2001 calendars for you to choose from, with great JPOP calendars (former Speed girls, L’Arc~en~Ciel), super anime calendars (Ah My Goddess, Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon), sexy idol calendars (Race Queen Suzuki Fumika, Asakura Megumi), lovely nude calendars (Kanabun)
For this evening, we’ve got some cool new items for you, including:
- First, we’ve got new Japanese adult magazines, including the new Cho Very Good!! (cogals), Iketeru Peach Ass Girls (for fans of “wet” themes), The Sperm Oneesan, and more
- For photobook fans, we’ve got several nice items on the photobook pages, including the Waffle Super Collection, featuring a great selection of lovely Japanese girls
- On the leg fetish photobook, a great item, Windoh! 96, showing what fun you can have with sexy women in skirts and wind machines
- The very hardcore bondage photobook series Black continues, on the high-end S&M photobook page
- For hentai fans, some excellent in-stock copies of PC Angel — see them on the Magazines (Hentai) page
- Erotic manga fans will enjoy the deluxe size 250+ page hentai manga, Forbidden Meat, on Manga (new releases)
- We’ve also got additional fresh stock of manga on the manga pages, mostly new releases and best-sellers, including some very cool items that have sold out in the past months
- Do you love dojinshi? We’ve got not one, but *two* new erotic dojinshi works from Okachimentaiko — great!
- We have two great new DVDs for you: AV 2000 vol. 1, featuring 20 of Japan’s hottest AV gals in a super 120 minute gallery; and Bikini & Underwater Fuck Special, featuring underwater sex, bikini fetishism — and *English subtitles!*
- More copies of the New Age Girl’s Comic Shojo Kakumei can be found on the yaoi page
- For fans of our extremely popular wacky Japanese headbands, we’ve got fresh stock! See them on the Stickers & Headbands page
- Finally, we have fresh stock of several popular items, including handy Japanese cooking chopsticks, our unique wooden signs (“It is forbidden to urinate here” and “My room”), and the extremely cute “door message” plaques that allow you to tell others when you’re in your room or “out of door.”
Okay, that’s all for now!