Hello from Japan, on this Monday morning. I’m posting the update a few hours early today, as I’m off to Tokyo.
You’ve been in Japan too long when you get a ‘nihongo ga jozu’ and feel really insulted. It’s an odd fact of life in Japan, but foreigners who are learning Japanese strive for that magic moment when Japanese will stop complimenting them on their Japanese. Being told “You’re Japanese is very good” (“nihongo ga jozu”) is a sign that your Japanese is good, but not “good enough” for the person to just shut up and talk to you as if you were Japanese.
Ichiro Suzuki is the next Japanese pro baseball player to go up to the “big leagues” in the U.S. The handsome centerfielder is the most famous baseball player in Japan, as measured by his CM appearances (everything from Mitsuya Cider to Tongari Corn to Nissan) — far more famous the Nomo. In addition to making the Japanese people giddy with pleasure to see another famous son make it in the U.S., Ichiro is going to cash in something big: the Seattle Mariners have bid $13 million to talk to him and see if they want him for their team. Baseball players in Japan earn tiny salaries, compared with their American counterparts. Ichiro bat .387 this year, and has a career average of .353.
For today’s update, we’ve got some very nice new items for you, including:
- First, new magazines, including two rare and very nice items, Cho Very Good!! (which shows the modern Japanese animal known as “kogal”), and our second issue of the very nice “Yanchex”
- For photobook fans, the excellent 4th “Tennyo” photobook is available, featuring the positively lovely nude photographs of Shiina Hikaru, as captured by Japanese photographer Miyazawa Masaaki
- Also for photobook fans, fresh stock of several sold out items, including Wonderful vol. 3 & vol. 4, Takamatsu Ai’s lovely “Cosmos” photobook, and the excellent “Tropic of Maiden” nude photobook
- For leg fetish fans, a super new “Race Queen in Boots” fetish book, as well as fresh stock of “Legend of Stairs – Peeping Inside of Mini-Skirt”
- We’ve got another major volley of excellent adult manga on the manga pages, with six all-new titles, including works by Hit, Mujin and Hot Milk Comics.
- For yaoi lovers, we’ve got stock of Boy’s Anima, the “boy’s love saga comic, for you
- If you love busty Japanese AV queens, check out Oura Anna’s excellent Remix Special” DVD, featuring 180 minutes of her excellent AV works (zoned for ALL countries)
- For region-2 DVD fans, an excellent compilation DVD featuring excellent works by the wonderfully erotic Yuki Maiko-chan
- We’ve got more of our extremely popular $5 magazines posted to magazine page 3
- For fans of J-List’s unique Japanese candy products, check out the delicious Cola Lemon Candy, a treat from Japan that’s been around since Kaori was a little girl
- For those with back or foot pain, we’ve got a great “bumpy roller” that stimulates your back, neck or feet with soft rubber spikes. Feels wonderful! See it on our patented Wacky Things from Japan page
- Also on our Wacky Things page, some cool new items, including a handy “bath net” that allows you to clean hair and gunk from your bath without touching it, and cute “Hello Kitty” tupperware containers, which you can keep anything you like in.
We hope you have a good Monday. See you on the web!