The official website for the upcoming TV anime of Azu’s short gag manga Magical Sempai (Tejina Senpai) has revealed the first promotional video. The anime is slated to air from July 2019.
The cast will consist of:
- Kaede Hondo (Sakura Minamoto from Zombieland Saga) will voice Tejina-senpai
- Aoi Ichikawa (Mitsuru from Darling in the FranXX) as Joshu
- Eri Kitamura (Mahiro Yasaka from Haiyore! Nyaruko-san) as Saki
- Rie Takahashi (Megumin from KonoSuba) as Madara
- Daisuke Namikawa (Narsus from Arslan Senki) as Maa-kun
- Himika Akaneya (Tsuyuno Yatsumura from Mahou Shoujo Site) as Oneechan
The staff consists of:
- Director: Fumiaki Usui (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo Assistant Director)
- Series Composition: Rintarou Ikeda (Renai Boukun script)
- Character Design: Eriko Itou (Koi to Uso)
- Studio: Liden Films (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, Terra Formars, Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor)
In addition, a new key visual was revealed:
Previous key visuals:
Magical Sempai (Tejina Senpai) is a Japanese manga series by Azu. It has been serialized in Kodansha’s seinen manga magazine Weekly Young Magazine since February 2016 and has been collected in five tankōbon volumes. The manga is published digitally in English by Kodansha USA under the Kodansha Comics imprint. An anime television series adaptation by Liden Films is scheduled to air in 2019.
Magical Sempai synopsis:
Our MC finds out that his school requires him to join a club and during his reluctant search he stumbles upon Tejina-senpai attempting magic tricks in her clubroom. Tejina-senpai has massive stage fright however and so now that she has an audience her attempts are simply comedic.