The official website for Yabako Sandrovich and MAAM’s How Many Kilograms are the Dumbbells You Lift? (Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?) has revealed that the manga has been green-lit for a TV anime slated to air this summer.
The staff has also been revealed:
- Director: Mitsue Yamazaki (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Magic-Kyun! Renaissance, Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai)
- Series Composition, Script: Fumihiko Shimo (Anima Yell!, Clannad, Non Non Biyroi)
- Character Design: Ai Kikuchi (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, New Game!, Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin)
- Studio: Doga Kobo (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, New Game!, Yuru Yuri)
- Production: Silverman Gym
Two cast members were also announced:
- Sora Amamiya (Akame from Akame ga Kill!) will voice Akemi Souryuuin
- Ai Fairouz as Hibiki Sakura
In addition, the first key visual was revealed:
How Many Kilograms are the Dumbbells You Lift? synopsis:
Sakura Hibiki is your average high school girl, with a voracious appetite. Noticing her clothes tightening in lieu of her slowly expanding waistline she decides to look into enrolling in the nearby gym. There she runs into a girl from her grade named Souryuuin Akemi.
Akemi, who has a muscle fetish tries to get Hibiki to enroll in the gym despite its high ratio of macho men. Thankfully a beautiful trainer, Machio, appears and unknowingly convinces her to enroll and start her quest to a great body.
How Many Kilograms are the Dumbbells You Lift? (Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?) is a Japanese manga written by Yabako Sandrovich with the art illustrated by MAAM. It is currently serialized in Shogakukan’s Ura Sunday.
Source: Moca News