Hello again from all of us at J-List!
With all that’s different between Japan and the West, you can bet that there are some toilet-related differences, too. When Japanese women use a public toilet, they’re very nervous about others hearing the sound of their tinkling, so some Japanese public bathrooms often have machines to make white noise that drowns out the sound. My five-year-old daughter went into one of these restrooms and was too afraid of the sound to do what she had gone in there to do, so I had to help her. Similarly, Japanese women don’t want others smelling the toilet after they’ve used it, so they often carry portable cans of air freshener to spray the area and make it fresh and clear. Conveniently, we happen to have gotten some of these in stock for you today.
When learning Japanese, it’s always fun to learn the “gitaigo,” a group of words similar to onomatopoeia, which describe a certain situation (and because they consist of repetitions of words, they are cute and fun to use). If you’re really hungry, the Japanese would say that you’re “peko peko,” a word which describes the way you feel when your stomach is very empty. If you get soaking wet in the rain, you’re “bisho bisho.” If you get indigestion, your stomach is “muka muka.” If your skin is especially smooth and clean, someone might say it’s “sube sube” (a word which comes from suberu “to glide”). And if you’re a little on the plump side, you might be described as “puyo puyo,” a word which sounds cute to the Japanese, but if you’re really fat, someone might say that you’re “buyo buyo,” a which wouldn’t be very nice of them at all.
Some of the coolest products J-List sells are the Japanese DVD releases of Hayao Miyazaki’s popular anime films, like My Neighbor Totoro and Princess Mononoke. The DVDs are region 2 (so you need special hardware to watch them, such as a region free DVD player, which we also happen to stock), but since they’re subtitled and/or feature English soundtracks as well as many extra features, they’re really the best way to enjoy the anime movies of Hayao Miyazaki. By customer request, we’ve posted screenshots of all menus from the Studio Ghibli DVDs we stock, with translations, (since the menus are in Japanese), as well as screenshots and information on the special features in the DVDs.
Also, we’ve made some changes to the organization of our DVD pages, basically simplifying the layout so you can find items more easily. The new categories are Adult DVD Main (for general adult DVD releases), DVD $30 and under (for lower-price releases), Soft on Demand (all SOD, Deep’s and Natural High releases), Indies DVD (all region 2 DVDs), Lesbian DVD (all DVDs with lesbian themes), and Soft Porn (the popular Bauhaus titles). Indies DVDs that are region free (such as Dogma titles) can be found on DVD page 1. Also, in a J-List first, we now no longer have a VHS video section — we’ve moved all our VHS titles to a single section of the DVD master category. With the quick ascent of DVD in Japan, helped along by the popularity of Playstation 2, almost no new titles are being release on video. Tomo has asked me to let you know, though, that we can often special order titles on VHS (and DVD) if there’s something you’re looking for.
Well, for the new update we’ve got a bunch of excellent items for you, including:
- First, a very cool series of soft vinyl anime figures based on Dirty Pair, with six different figures capturing three eras of the lovely anime characters — and full sets of the figures are available
- We’ve been pleased by the popularity of the very advanced magnetic light-up Star Wars necklaces made by Tomy for sale in Japan (we actually sold out of all we posted), but we’ve got more for you: R2D2 and Boba Fett (the ones that sold out will come in tomorrow)
- Also, a Japan-only deluxe light saber that glows, and has extra-cool sound and gyro effects as well as many special effects (including “deflect the laser blasts” effects on demand), which I personally recommend as a Star Wars fan
- Also for only-from-Japan-toy fans, we’ve got a major restocking of Hot Wheels, as well as more popular Kubrick Evangelion figure sets
- A very nice set of collector’s books of toys sold in Japan 100 years ago
- For fans of Japan’s lovely swimsuit idols and Race Queens, we’ve got new items, including Rie Miyazawa’s rare Pour Amitie photobook
- We have a nice item for people with sore feet, a good way to massage all the sensitive pressure points on your feet
- Cute items in stock include a Hamutaro child’s bath sponge, a super Hello Kitty train pass case (which you can use for many purposes), and more
- We have some nice luncheon mats that match the i.Kotoba line of bento boxes, as well as fresh stock of authentic Japanese chopsticks for you
- We have fresh stock of Japanese snack items, including delicious miso soup, traditional “hakka” candy and delicious “Pucca” (chocolate and caramel filled little fish thingies)
- Also, more of that really Hello Kitty “heart candy” in the cool container and “soba meshi” (yakisoba and rice) snacks
- Also, even more only-available-in-Japan gum products, Bourbon’s tasty peach gum and Natchan, a delicious orange sugarless gum
- We’ve got more unique Hello Kitty products for you, as well, including pocket tissue
- Finally, we’re happy to announce that one of our most popular T-shirts ever is in stock, the red “I am Hentai” shirt — back by customer request, and in all sizes (small through XXXL)!
For our adult customers, we’ve got many new 18+ products. They include:
- New magazines, including the very bold and very, ahem, detailed, Shuffle
- For fans of indies productions, we’ve got the new Video Indies magazine, along with other great amateur sex-in-love hotel magazines for you
- New photobooks, including a very special item for Nao Hirosue and busty idol Ayu Okakura
- We have some excellent new manga in stock for you today, including very erotic “tentacle sex” manga that is always popular, and many more
- Also, a major restocking of popular books, with fresh stock of the Pururun Seminar series, Chataro’s Nami SOS and many others
- The Japanese Blue Eye vol. 5 is shipping, and in the U.S., we’ve got stock of issue 5 of the English Blue Eyes, ready for your order
- We’ve got some great new DVDs, too, including an excellent new lesbian production by the excellent new Movie Castle (region free)
- From Dogma, a great new item for bukkake fans, a new “White Sexual Desire” release featuring Sayaka Hijiri (region free)
- We love the pure face and sexy body of Shizuka Ichii, and now we have her DVDs in stock (region free)
- One of the brightest stars in the Japanese adult video world is Megumi Osawa, who entered the world of hardcore AV a few months ago — see her newest release (region free)
- Finally, we just love the bold and erotic sassiness of Taiwanese Race Queen Yinling, who stars in a great new Yinling of Joytoy DVD release (region 2), highly recommended by Peter and Yasu.
J-List stocks delicious gum from Japan, like the popular Black Black caffeine gum, or the delicious Blue Berry delicious chewing gum. With every piece you get chewing satisfaction, but you also get funny English! In each pack of Lotte chewing gum, there are sticks that say “Yes, Chewing!” on them. Amaze your friends with funny stuff from J-List!